Honestly is the best policy.
Life has been a bit boring lately. Not not busy but the things that are keeping me occupied aren't overly interesting. Things like...
- my most favorite dentist, the Hot Jesus-look-alike, has decided to stop taking our insurance. So I need to find a new dentist. This is the most boring task ever. And I know I'll never find another pony-tailed, hippie dentist so I don't want to even try.
- Halloween costume hunting. It's essentially awesome but the running here and there to pick up random things gets a little tiresome. But we've got some good costumes going and I just want Halloween to get here so we can put them to use.
- forced fall activities. You know, the pumpkin patch, the parade, the cider drinking, all of those photo ops waiting to happen. I know I'll never regret getting my ass together, maybe slapping on some eyeliner and getting out the door. But man, sometimes I just wanna wear my pj's until 2pm like I used to.
Oh yeah, insert pumpkin patch picture here...
I think Gabe would have rather we stayed home too. Not the happiest punkin picker on the farm.
- thinking and overthinking my blog. I want to put more into it. I want content other than the kiddo. It just keeps getting pushed lower on the priority list. I don't think people realize how much work it takes to do projects, photograph them, edit them, blog them and then promote them. And man, it just doesn't pay me enough to get my full focus, ya know? And I'm a full-fledged victim of Pinterest. I get paralyzed by feeling like I don't have good enough crafts/recipes/ideas/whatever to blog about. If I don't have a fancy pinnable picture to slap a fancy font on, then what's the point? Plus, everything's been done before. Do we really need more? Then I realize that of course we do, we always need more, right? So I'll still try to keep doing it.
- getting out on a date night here and there. We headed to a Halloween party sans costumes because darn it, they weren't ready! And I'm not about to half-ass it. So we went as lame. Or as fruit stripe gum. Whichever.
- I also headed out to my uncle's yearly charity benefit. He is the President of the Blind Relief Fund of Philadelphia and they put on a fantastic party each year. My mom always takes me as her date but we never seem to get any pictures before we're sloppy drunk. Luckily, an Instagram filter gave me self confidence before I arrived.
So I think that's about it. What are your thoughts on these matters? Feel free to express your condolences on my breakup with Dr. Hot Jesus-look-alike.