While the rest of the internet is ready for fall and all of the lovely things that come with it (yes, we know, we all love hoodies, boots, sweaters and overpriced pumpkin flavored drinks), in my neck of the woods, the heat and humidity are still screaming summer. So we're gonna keep eating summer veggies until the cows come home. We've been grilling avocados for a few years now and I've even shared this picture of them before but I've never told you how to get this goodness for yourself.
1) Crack open your avocado and remove the pit. I like to slam a big knife down into the middle of the pit and gently lift. This usually gives me a nice clean de-pitted avocado.
2) Carefully score the "meat" in a grid fashion, working carefully not to puncture the skin on the bottom and sides.
3) Dribble some balsamic vinaigrette on top of them, letting the whole fill up with it and sink down into the cracks.
4) Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
5) Grill on your top rack, meat side down, on medium heat for about 9 minutes. Remove carefully with a spatula and not tongs. You'll know they're ready when they feel soft and the skin starts pulling away from the meat.
6) Top with kosher salt and eat.