For someone who despises hair washes and getting his face wet in the tub, he loved getting mollywopped in the dome by the waves last week. He'd sputter out the salt water and go back for more.
Well dude, another year has gone by. You are now the big two. On one hand, I love it because I like saying I have a two year old. On the other, people hear the word "two" and seem to think that a little brother or sister should be coming along any day now. I tell them to hold their horses. You have been much too awesome to think about having another kid yet. Also, that is a little bit of a lie. You are also very frustrating and whiny at times, which helps with the one child situation. But anyway, we love the crap out of you and I know I say it every month, but man, you are just the best and you just keep getting better! You've been knocking the learning thing out of the park this month so that's mostly what I remember so, this month...
- You have mastered your alphabet. You can say, recognize and point out every single letter, capital and lowercase. Even those pesky U's and V's, which come down to a single point. You've got em and I think that's just awesome.
- You learned your numbers! You kinda knew 1-2-3 for awhile but as we've been playing Curious George number games (pbs kids website is the shit), you've soaked up 1 to 10 and can now recite them and identify em. Except for 7. You choose to ignore 7.
- You rock at knowing your colors too. Sometimes you switch up black and white and your favorite one is "booooo!!" I should probably mention that my method for teaching you colors might have been via freeze pops. You can only have the ones you identify. Yep, you learned real quick.
- You love to pretend to sleep, or snooze, as you call it. You'll pretend snore then tell us to "ssshhhh ssshhhh ssshhhh!" Luckily your usual alarm sound of a high pitched scream has been replaced by a quick count of 1-2-3-4-5. When daddy brings you in to wake me up in the morning, you tap my back and say "Mama, 1-2-3-4-5!" It's adorable.
- You've learned the word cat but still refer to our own cat as Meow. The weird part is that Sebbi doesn't meow at all.
- You've declared yourself free of the booster seat at home. You chose a kitchen table chair one night, climbed up and have been content to eat your dinner without any boost every night. You've also been a bit more behaved in restaurants lately, which is awesome. Or maybe it's just that your dad and I have got this shit down!
- You love when things match, as in, you have two of them. You'll hold up your shoes and yell Match! You'll hold up a fork and a spoon and yell Match! It's like you know that these things go together. Geeeeenius.
We're so proud of the smart little guy that you're becoming and you still never cease to make us crack up. We love you buddy bear. Happy 2nd Birthday!!!
We've got the big birthday party tomorrow so I'll be back next week with all the twinkley party stuff!
Also, I hope my listing of Gabe's accomplishments doesn't sound like an obnoxious braggy mom. I know that sometimes I read things like this (hopefully much worse) on the internet and roll my eyes, like, yeah I'm sure he or she does that or knows that. You know what I mean? Like, little Shiboopy just aced the LSAT! At only three and a half! I just don't ever want to be that mom. Don't let me be that mom. I rely on you.