Last night, my friends Adrienne and Sarah headed to the movies to see Magic Mike. Since today is Sarah's birthday and there was no time to go out to a margarita-fueled dinner, I decided we needed to sneak in as much party food as possible. Now granted, I could have just decided to roll through the Taco Bell drive-thru and I think we all would have been happy, but you guys know me, I need to make things cute yet complicated. And since Sarah is the biggest fan of dips out there, I decided that's what we'd sneak in as contraband. Everything was portable and easy to eat while sitting in front of a giant screen of gyrating butts.
Here's what you need:
I keep white lunch bags on my person at all times. Well at least in my never-ending closet of random supplies. Fill it up with tiny containers of various dips, a bag full of dip vehicles, a little birthday cake and a fancy straw (paper straw haters look away) to sip the booze you snuck in and a cute little clothespin to hold it all together. It helps if you raid your craft supplies and make that shit cute!
It was when I was finger painting pink circles on the lids when John declared me officially insane. I'm surprised it's taken him this long.
I don't think this is a coincidence.
Everyone enjoyed their dip buffets and totes (for once, I mean the word tote, not the abbreve for totally) and I'm sure the people surrounding us at the theater enjoyed us singing Happy Birthday to Sarah.
- Magic Mike was surprisingly good yet surprisingly depressing. I know, how can a movie about a seedy occupation be depressing, Shan? I'm thinking it was a pretty accurate portrayal though, with their drinking and drugs and orgies and whatnot.
- I had never seen Channing Tatum in anything before so he was nice to look at and we all agreed that he'd be a good time to hang out with. (while wearing swat team gear and nothing else)
- Matthew McC was a sweaty creepster with excellent hipbones.
- I was warned that they showed tip of peen. And they did. And it was HUGE and blurry. So be ready for that. Thanks Mary.
- This guy below made the whole movie. In a horribly funny way. He was gross and a terrible actor and he phoned it in the entire movie.
But don't let him stop you from going to see it. Not that it would. The pull of gyrating butts is too strong with you guys, I know.