Egg hunting is seeeewious business.
You turned 20 months this week. It just hit me this week that you've been around here for almost two years. That is sorta crazy. Speaking of crazy, that bout sums up life with you lately. I know we're entering another phase of life which will simultaneously make my heart burst with happiness and make me want to rip my ears off. I know this because it happens on a daily basis. In the past month...
- You have become quite the stuntman. There is no couch or bathtub shelf too high to attempt to scamper up. Your first ever bruise shows evidence of such tomfoolery.
- You talk up a storm, but mostly at home. You're no show-off. Some of your favorite conversations go like this. Gabe: "Cars Mama Dada Gigi Dada Cars Gigi Mama Ma Dada" Mama: "Mmm Hmmm".
- You have said a ton of new words this month for reals though. And the repeating has started which methinks will become an issue soon. You know, due to your mama's truck driver mouth.
- You have put the lockdown on your tummy. That wide variety of food you'd eat? Yeah not anymore. We've been on a strict nugget/macaroni/strawberry diet. I might have to go back to the pouches if this keeps up, not that you'd mind. You do love a pouch.
- You have learned the freedom of removing your clothes. It started one day when I went in to get you from your nap. You stood there, big smile plastered on your face, holding your pants out to me. I understand bud, pants suck. Let's both wear less of them.
- You became obsessed with motorcycles. The couple across the street ride them every day and as soon as you hear them roaring, you are at the window chanting "cycle cycle cycle". Better get the fascination over with now because as long as I'm around, that'll never happen.
- You became a pain in the ass to diaper. I believe the Huggies commercials call your kind the "Rolling Pin". Add in some loud crying and it sure does make for a fun time. How boutcha knock that off, eh?
- You have stared up at me with those big blue eyes and made me turn to your daddy and say "Seriously, how'd he get sooooo cute?" at least like, a billion times.
We love you bud. Even if you decide to randomly wake up for the day at 3:30. Yep, we still love you then. But let's not make that a habit again, aight?