- I'd been waiting patiently for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie to be available on-demand so when I saw Friday that it had arrived, I knew my Friday night plans. John and I settled in with some water ice and watched. It was long but it was good, real good. And dudes, it was graphic. Like most Americans, there's not too much that can shock me anymore but man, some of the scenes are downright scary. I shuddered more than a few times.
- I also met up with my friends last night for some margaritas & tacos, followed by a viewing of a little movie called The Hunger Games. I'm not one to sit around and talk about the differences between the book and the movie mostly because I go to the movies for mindless entertainments. If I wanted to analyze shizz, I'd be my husband. But ther verdict is that it was pretty darn good. My friend Katie remarked that we know we're getting old when you look at the love interests as adorable youngins and notsomuch ohmahgod he's so hot. Like Gale? Adorable, not hot. Peeta? Beady eyes and weird hair. Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman? Made the whole movie. Hilarious.
- I've been running around like a crazy person, getting all my supplies and whatnot together for the Always Crafty Workshop. Plus, trying to clean my house. Which as we all know is near impossible with a tiny toy hurricane following my every move every day. My favorite Wisconsinite, Bethany is flying in tomorrow night for a week-long stay and I can't have the famous guest house looking like it did when she left (like those emergency late-night champagne bottles, corks and the tumblers we drank it out of still lying around. That'd be gross).
- I've been teaching myself how to make blog ads, because next week you may notice some ads going up on my sidebar for my Always Crafty sponsors. I've had some really generous business owners offer up stuff for our workshop and I'm pretty darn appreciative. Feel free to start clicking up a storm when you see them. Oh and did you notice I added Blogher ads to my blog? I just felt like it was finally time I make a penny or two on ol' Shannanigans. I've treated her good these past couple of years, it's about time she returned the favor.
- Guys, I have a bonified mom friend. I didn't want to jinx it because we all know how I can be when trying to make new friends based on my kid (it doesn't work). We met at the park and we've hung out a bunch of times with her and her daughter, at storytime, the park, one of those kiddie play places and even our houses. Her daughter calls Gabe "buddy!" in this cute little voice. Meant to be right?
So that's life in a nutshell. What's going on with you birds?