Little red cheeks just crack me up. He gets them whenever he starts running around or if he's sick, which he was the week this was taken. His left cheek always gets more color than the other. So weird.
Yep, you've had 19 months of being Gabe, The Gabester, Gabey Baby, Blink, Buddy Bear, Little Bear and many many more. As usual, I'm completely enamored with you, little dude. I know I keep saying it, but you're just so fun! You're understanding more and more each day and well on your way to becoming a fully functioning little human, it's great. My vision of you as my tiny butler is slowly coming to fruition. You went and picked up the remote from the floor for me the other day. Baby steps. Let's see, this past month you...
- Obsessed over letters still. You love us to read them to you but now you can identify most of them when we ask you to, whether it's in a book, on a sign or your foam bathtub letters. Clearly a genius!
- Can't go anywhere without your hat. You love your little Phillies hat but if that's not available, you'll rock whatever one you can find. Winter hats, your great-grandmother's pink Komen baseball hat, your snack bowl...whatev.
- Same goes with your yellow rain boots. Now you do love all your shoes, but whenever you get home, you take off your shoes and change into your boots. It's ridiculous. And pretty funny.
- Speaking of your great-grandmother (my Nan), you now see her and your Gigi twice a week as mama leaves you with them when she goes to physical therapy. You run and hug her and have completely made her days. She can't stop talking about you. Her and Geeg love you very much.
- Upped the ante on the affection. All day long, I get smothered in little baby kisses and little bear hugs from you. It's the best thing that ever happens, ever. In my life. I love it. You grab my hand and bring it up to your cheek and hold it there. Heart explodie.
- keep adding words to your vocabulary. It's slow-going and you're not the most chatty kid on the block but I can tell you're soaking it all in. We'll get to the words.
- Show your little temper now and then when you don't get your way, or when you have to get out of the tub or come inside (your two favorite things). You have this high-pitched squeal-squawk that comes out as your face gets red and you clench your fists. But you know when you're in the wrong because if you get corrected, you start giving out leg hugs and tiny smiles. You're a smart cookie buster, but I'm smarter. For now.
We love you so much Gabriel and are so thankful you are the boy you are.