Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Wait, it's not the 5th of May, you say? It's the 23rd? Have I really been passed out this whole time? That damn worm gets me every time.
Either way, I turned 9 months old this month. Can you believe it? My mom can't. She is literally in disbelief that I've been an outside baby as long as I was an inside baby. But nothin can hold me down, I'm a growin like a big boy. I do all sorts of big boy things but that sombrero? Kinda scared of it.
Anyways my mom calls me up and she's like "Gabe, can you stop by for your 9 month photo shoot? We're already a week behind." So I show up and she's waving this fake mustache and sombrero in my face telling me that I need to wear both. AND she wanted me to sit still. Pshhawww yeah I don't think so. None of that business for me.
So I gave her one or two good shots and I was out. I've got cat tails to chase and cheerios to smash. And empty tequila bottles to recycle.
Happy 9 months Gabe. You're right, I cannot believe that we're on the downhill slide to one. ONE! Your dad likes to say things like, "heh can you believe that came out of you?" I tell him to shush but really, I can't. You're growing into such an amazing little person. You're already starting to look little boy-ish to me some days. Other days, if I stick you in a pastel green sleeper, you'll still pass for a lil babe. I love you either way though. You're my little sidekick. And in the past month you...
- Have started doing the downward facing dog position on the floor, so we think it's only a matter of time until you're up on your two feet without holding onto anything.
- Tried Cheerios, rice and the inside of pizza crust. I'm clearly molding you into a carbon copy of your carbaholic mother. (Scattergories 3 points!)
- Now have 8 teeth and we're thinking your canine teeth are the next ones to come in. We had a few really rough days of teething where you didn't want to be put down but you didn't want to sit quietly either. Quite the conundrum.
- Are still nursing like a champ.about 6 times a day. Granted it's not easy since you decide to do yoga poses while nursing but it's kinda cute so I'll let it slide.
- Laugh and laugh and laugh so so much. Especially when you're out and about. Whenever we're at the grocery store or Target and you're riding high in the cart, you flash the dimples and smile at everyone. When they respond to you, you start laughing and laughing, usually the high-pitched machine gun laugh that causes other people to turn around and look. The old man cashier said you were gonna be a flirt like he was. Um, let's hold off on that.
- Started dancing! You love Kelly and Chica on the Sprout Sunny Side Up Show and you dance along whenever they sing songs. It's usually an up and down motion but now you've added a back and forth step. I'll put in a call to Britney now for your audition.
- Oh and you climb every stair you can find. We've got 12 of them heading upstairs and you love scrambling your little legs up them. As soon as you get upstairs, you head right for the bathroom, to get your mitts in the cat's water bowl. That's gross. Stop doing that.
- I'm pretty sure you said the word "good". See, for the past few months, you do this thing where you shake your head 'no" randomly. At first it worried me and I asked my mom if I should be concerned. She said no, it was a normal baby thing. So I started asking you if you were a good boy and somehow you knew to shake your head. No matter how many times you do this little "trick" we find it hysterical. So anyway, you hear the word good all the time. So the other day I asked you if something was good. And a minute later, you said it. I swear. I haven't heard it since but whatever.
So that about sums it up, buddy bear. We love you so much. Once again, thanks for being awesome.
p.s. Are you interested in attending the Always Bloggy in Philadelphia meet-up but aren't totally sure if you can make it? If there's even a chance, we want you to be in the loop and reading the blog! Check out this post for the email details and get to emailing us!