My new job as Stay at Home Ma lends itself to certain perks. One of which being that I can finally get around to trying things I'd always put on a to-do list but never crossed off. This past week, it was Peppermint Bark. I actually never realized how stupidly simple the process is. And one batch can make a friggin ton. Needless to say, John's co-worker's were happy with me this week.
Shopping List: Bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Bag of White Chocolate Chips, Bag of Starlight Peppermint Candies
1. Lay a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
2. Melt a bag of chocolate chips...I used a bowl over a pot of boiling water.
3. Spread chocolate in pan. Lightly bang the pan on the counter to get the bubbles out.
4. Stick cookie sheet in the fridge.
5. Melt a bag of white chocolate chips.
6. While this is melting, unwrap 20 mints or so and put them in a ziplock bag. Crush those puppies with all your might. Or with a meat cleaver.
7. Sift your mints to seperate the small pieces from the peppermint dust.
8. Mix the peppermint dust into your white chocolate mixture. This makes the white chocolate extra pepperminty!
9. Take cookie sheet out of fridge and spread white chocolate layer on top of the 1st layer.
10. Sprinkle peppermint pieces on top, then throw it back in the fridge for 20 minutes.
11. Once it's all set, break it up into pieces. Quickly bag that ish up and get it out of your house because it is taaasty.