Friday, July 31, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
So anyway, I've never put out there why I'm here and what my purpose, or lackthere of, is. This little blog makes me happy, it's my own little on-going project. So this is the reason behind it's makeover, it deserves to look purty. Well that and the fact that I'm tired of googling things like "how to widen sidebars in blogger" and "how to make blog pretty". So I got the lovely Char to make me up a little piece of yellow and gray loveliness and it has made me a happy girl. So thank you Char & thank you my little readers out there, thanks for being a part of this.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
I think if I were to have one commissioned, I would have her cut one of the following phrases:
- Jus sayin' is All
- Show Me That Smile Again with a portrait of Alan Thicke
- Lager bottle, please
Go check out more at MadebyJulene
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
Poma-Tini: Overpriced, toothache-inducing alcoholiciousness
Mango Chicken: Look at all those vegetables being cancelled out by chunks of sauce-covered chicken and cashews
Cheese & Crackers: Creamy, fatty cheeses + 7 different kinds of crackers = Heaven…hey, there are grapes there! That my friends, is fruit.
And my lame attempt to make up for a gluttonous weekend of feasting: Colorado Chicken Salad from Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Put a fork in me...I'm done. So so done.
Sidenote: Is anyone willing to shell out some free advice for making my header not so friggin small? I'm lost.
Friday, July 24, 2009
And the couch. I love it’s sheen. I remember it being almost satin-y. Ugly as hell, but nice to run your hand down.
But at some point in the 90’s, we re-decorated. Let’s not brighten the place up anymore. Let’s stick with brown. It goes fabulously with the burnt orange carpet. Yes, let’s stick with what we know.
And here folks, is where I get my dislike of matchy-matchy…the afghan. Most likely crocheted by my dad’s mother, it showed just how well brown and orange go together. But my mom was clearly onto something. What, I’m not sure though. Check out the lamps. They are light gray…with pink and white flowers. I know my mom just thought that they were pretty and could’ve cared less that they didn’t “go” with the new living room furniture. And I know she thought I probably wouldn’t be re-hashing these decorating nightmares almost 20 years later. So there you have it, the reason we can’t figure out where I got this tendency to care what things look like. We won’t even start on the black hose and pumps I was rocking.
Share with me, the horrors you grew up looking at. And no, I don't mean your creepy next-door neighbors. Was your furniture covered in plastic? Any scratchy floral couches? Scare me!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
STBJ (Soon-to-be-Jobless): “Wow that is crazy lookin”
Me: “Uhhhh yeah, heh heh”
STBJ scans the box
Me: “Yup, crazy huh?”
STBJ: “You’re gonna pay that for this?”
Me: “Uh, yeah, I mean, I’ve got this 40% coupon”
STBJ: “Give me 20 bucks and you can have it”
Me: “Um, what?”
STBJ: “If you give me 20 bucks, you can have it”
STBJ: “Yeah…and if you want any more of them, just grab them”
At this point, I am in total disbelief and am trying to figure out what the hell is going on and how to respond.
Me: “Uhhh, I don’t have any cash on me”
STBJ: “Well if you want it, you can go get the money and come back. I’ll just keep this behind the register”
Me: “Um, ok”
So I walk out of Michael’s, baffled. Holy ethical dilemma. I mean, these things are so over-priced…I could get it for 20 freakin dollars! But what if I was being set-up? Was this a sting? Why me? Do I look cool, like I would be cool with this “exchange”?
I get to the restaurant and have to ruin my intended surprise to get John’s opinion. He gave me 3 options…go back with some cash and get hooked up for $20, go back another day and just buy them or go back and tell on her. “I’m no rat!” I yelled at him. So throughout dinner, I just kept whining to him “What do I do????” We parted ways at our cars without knowing what my decision would be.
I followed him directly home.
I knew he was slightly disappointed when he saw me in his rearview mirror. Oh well. We may not have the House of Wax for now but at least we have our integrity. My friends, however, do not ooohh and aaahhh over integrity though, so we’re screwed.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
(Thanks for not stalking me)
Of course, like any good Martha-wannabe, I immediately chose a color scheme for our outdoor affair of aqua and red. Next step, google the crap out of the terms "aqua and red party" and "aqua and red wedding" because we all know those crazy knottie brides over at theknot.com have already made dozens of aqua and red "inspiration boards". So thank you fellow detail-obsessed ladies, for doing the work for me. Look how pretty!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Say bye bye to the Love's Baby Soft pink walls and hellloooo to new drywall and a fresh coat of paint.
Monday, July 20, 2009
The birthday girl and her birthday spoils...
Friday, July 17, 2009
- You bring champagne everywhere you go
- You are one of those people who will give the shirt off their back if you need it...or even just compliment it
- You sell watches out of your trench
- You helped me shovel the Mustang out of the snow at the end of Lafayette
- You are always up for going out
- You left the set of Pandavision in the middle of our show
- You fit in my pocket
- You picked me up from the airport in a prom dress
- You make new friends for me so that I don't have to do the work
- You carry your life around in a backpack
- You appreciate good font
- You quit your job to drive to Illinois with only a meatloaf sandwich to eat
- You are my SNL sketch remembering twin
- You let me finish your fountain cokes
- You said to me the other day, "Ya know, in high school, I thought you were smart"
- You once took revenge on a "rude" guy with me by sending him magazine subscriptions
- You would search your house for change for Coinstar so we could go out boozin'
- You and I agree on what time period was the best time of our lives
- You brought me birthday cupcakes to the airport when I turned 18
- You wax nostalgic all the time
- You are Kelly Confetti
- You are my favorite person to drive home at 7am with last night's makeup and headaches
- You refuse to deal with Jeff's cat
- You have a family that makes me laugh and want to hang out with all the time
- You order three drinks at a restaurant and drink a little bit out of all of them
- You love fun chain restaurant cocktails
- You do not love the word cocktail....or moist or ointment for that matter
- You married an awesome boy who fits in all of our lives perfectly
29. You make me laugh like nobody's business
I'm glad you were born.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
The only option I've come up with is to donate it all to Goodwill and wear only this necklace. Everyday. It goes with everything, no?
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Oh and thanks to the same commercials running all weekend throughout the marathon, I now want to visit Six Flags (more flags, more fun), I want to watch Ruby and the Rockits (Alexa Vega OMG!) and eat a lot of food at Pizza Hut for only $5. Have I mentioned that I’m an ad agency’s dream?
Oh and I’d like to say Happy Birthday to my pal Sarah. If anyone needed to know why I’m friends with this girl, I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves…
Friday, July 10, 2009
I already owned the tres chic hot pink sweatshirt, which was most likely ordered from the Sears catalog. The plastic bracelets & lacey hair thingy were definitely in regular rotation in my wardrobe as well. Possibly purchased from the Bazaar of all Nations? All we had to buy was the pink hair color spray, throw it in a side pony and voila, I had gone from Shannon to Sheena.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
So it's mid-summer I suppose and I've come to the realization that I'm obsessed with the following:
1. Crew Neck Tee's from Old Navy...they're so cheap and I rock them with everything
2. Pink with a Splash Body Mist from Victoria Secret...it just smells soooo clean and pretty so I've got a bottle at home, at work and in my car...paranoid-that-I-smell much?
3. Kashi Go Lean Crunchy Bars...specifically Chocolate Caramel...it's my 6g of fiber breakfast every morning
4. Skirts...especially skirts with pockets. Even though we've been having a surprisingly mild July so far, there's nothing like one of these casual pups paired with a tank...or Old Navy Tee. I add a cute necklace and apparently I'm good to go for work.
5. Sparkly Silver Flip Flops...mine are from Target and I stole the idea from Kelly who had them first last year or so. I've loved them since first sight and was pumped when Target brought them back this year for like $12.
6. Yellow & Gray...my new favorite color combo
7. Crystal Light Raspberry Green Tea...CL is pretty much all we drink around my house and for awhile it was nothing but iced tea and fruit punch but alas, I've grown tired of it. The green tea kinda combines the two and me loves it.
What about you? What are you obsessed with these days?
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Thank you Wildwood for hosting my first of many