So I decided to take a cue from Emily, (and by take a cue, I mean copy directly) and plan out a month's worth of meals. Since I make the choice to become the perfect wife by cooking real meals for John and I, I've had to buy a ton of new ingredients that most normal people probably keep on hand...like chicken stock or cumin. Well planning a week at a time got tiresome real quick since that meant I had to go to the grocery store every single week, and sometimes twice. So here it is...ingredients have been bought for at least 2 weeks & I got started last week with Garlic Chicken, Latkes and Brussel Sprouts.
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons minced garlic (can use more or less)
1 teaspoon garlic powder (garlic lovers can use more)
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt or white salt (or to taste)
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (can use 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
shredded cheddar cheese (optional) or shredded mozzarella cheese, use any amount desired (optional)
1. Set oven to 350°F.
2. Butter an 11 x 7-inch pan (if using more than 4 breasts use a larger pan).
3. In a bowl, combine melted butter with fresh minced garlic, garlic powder and salt.
4. In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and coarse ground black pepper.
5. Dip chicken in butter mixture; then in crumb mixture.
6. Place in prepared pan and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes (placing the chicken on a rack in a pan will produce an extra crispy crust and for moist tender breasts cooking time should take no more than at the most 35 minutes unless they are very large then you might have to add on a couple extra minutes).
7. Top with shredded cheddar or mozzarella the last 5 minutes of cooking (this is only optional. )
Recipe & Reviews found here
Oh and the latkes came from a box & the brussel sprouts were frozen. Homemade side dishes are merely a pipe dream to me.