Monday, September 21, 2009
seven september staples
1. Cute Shoes on Clearance at the Gap: I think by now we all know my obsession with yellow…and gray. Well these shoesies are perfect…perfect fall color, comfy as hell and I can still rock the peep toe for another month or two before frostbite begins setting in.
2. U2: I’ll be visiting with the future father of my future children (hi Bono) this week at Giants Stadium with my BFF Kelly, her awesome husband Jeff and my understanding-about-Bono husband John. If you haven’t been to a U2 show ever, go. I don’t care if your name is Lisa Leslie and for some insane reason, you’re not a U2 fan, you will be amazed and enlightened and walk away with a gigantic smile on your face. It will be the highlight of my year. Apologies to all my 2009 nups, you guys are important too…just not Pride in the Name of Love-important.
3. New York, NY: Since the concert is up in NJ, across the way from Manhattan, the kiddies and I are touristing in NY the day after the show…I’m talking Rockefeller, Times Square, Flatiron, the whole shebang. Amazingly enough, living only 2 hours away, I still haven’t seen some of NY’s most famous landmarks. This will change, my friends.
4. Macadamia Nuts: those little delicious bastards have found their way home from Hawaii with me…in varieties such as Sea Salt and Chocolate covered. While I made it a point to have a small bag a day while in the islands, a handful a day at home is not appropriate. My mom reminds me of the little white box on the side of the can everyday….they are terrible for you. *shakes fist at Mauna Loa company*
5. How I Met Your Mother: Season premiere tonight. Enough said.
6. Gap Jeans: Remember when I won a coupon for a free pair of Gap’s new 1969 line of jeans? Well I went and redeemed it after trying about 12 pairs on during my lunch hour. I went with the Long and Lean just because of the name. And the fact that they actually looked good on me. This is my first pair of Gap jeans and I have to say that I like em. But I’m kinda cheap so there’s no way this girl will be paying $70 for another pair. Know of any other free coupons out there???
7. Thai Food: We saw a new Thai restaurant opening up around the corner from us this past weekend, and in the land of chain restaurants that I live in, this was good news. I had never tried it in my life but I was pumped nonetheless. So Saturday night, we met up with Sarah & Todd and did some dining. Todd told me if I like peanut sauce and Chinese food, I’d be cool. I happen to love both. Thai was a success. I had drunken noodles (because I’m a lush) with chicken and it was delish. John had wild boar. I think he needs a Travel Channel food show of his own so he can go eat crazy shit and I don’t have to be near it.